Whether you’re running a business or just trying to maintain the safety of your home, finding the best security cameras is imperative to how you function safely – when you’re at work or not. You will discover in this article the Top 5 Security Camera System.
Having the right security cameras will allow you to also maintain inventory and prevent burglars from getting away with your goods.
If you’re not sure about which feature and camera type you should chose, I highly recommend you to check our guide “What Makes a Good Security Camera”
Top 1 – Amcrest 1080p Camera
You can also check our complete review of this Amcrest Security Camera System here.
Next on our list is a hefty security system from the manufacturer Amcrest. Boasting a ton of features, you’re not going to be able to keep your socks on after hearing what this system has to offer. Features of the aforementioned security system includes the forth coming:
- Various size package options, styles of camera
- Supports up to 6 terabytes, simultaneously manages and records
- 2-megapixel, 30 frames per second, real-time
- Ambarella chipset
- Supports any ONVIF compliant IP camera
- Plug and play setup
The Breakdown of the Features
The Amcrest 8-channel NVR is capable of supporting hard drives that are up to 6 terabytes, an incredibly massive amount of storage for those that require a constant string of footage being recorded.
Previously this was noted as 1 terabyte, but now you’re capable of recording 5 times more than the previous. Beyond this, you’re able to manage and record footage simultaneously, without having to stop what you’re doing and put recording on hold. You won’t have to miss out on those moments.
As if this wasn’t enough to get you to purchase, it also comes with a 2-megapixel camera that is capable of recording 30 frames per second – you won’t have any choppy or laggy-ness that could make you miss out on the most important parts of the footage. You’re able to watch your footage in real time, thanks to the HD video quality that doesn’t have any delay of any sorts.
When you have this reliable option, you won’t have to miss the culprit and can inform police accordingly – catching them with their pants down! Beyond this, there’s a USB backup feature for those that want a bit of peace of mind. There’s a full domestic warranty that expires a year after the purchase date, and lifetime support is included automatically.
The Advantages of the Amcrest 1080p
- For those that are interested, there is motion detection, as well as dual core processing so the quality of the video playback, whether real time or seen afterward, isn’t laggy, and you can provide advanced features.
- The dual processor also ensures that there are no stutters or gaps in the footage that you’re seeing, and you’re able to use with one of the ONVIF compliant IP cameras.
- The aforementioned include the following types (and more): Dahua, and Foscam.
The Disadvantages of the Amcrest 1080p
- There aren’t too many disadvantages to this security system, as you’re able to record simultaneously as you manage, view without lag, reap the benefits of motion detection sensors, and that much more.
- If you’re looking for something that is inexpensive and is pretty basic in features, you’ll have to go with a lower end option, but we think this is worth the splurge if you’re truly interested in capturing what’s going on around your home or business.
Top 2 – RLK8-410B4 ReoLink Security System
You can review our complete review of the Reolink RLK8-410B here
First on our list is an incredible security system that boasts a ton of features and is great for those that want professional care and security over their home without paying a company for continuous security. Features of the aforementioned system include the forth coming specifications:
- 1440p high-definition
- 2-terabyte built in hard disk drive
- PoE – Power Over Ethernet
- Plug and Play
- 4-megapixel, super HD display, clearer than standard definition
- Motion detection sensoring, external hard drive usage available
The Breakdown of the Features
Providing crisp and clear quality, the ReoLink security system is one for the books.
Offering quite a bit in a small package, you’re going to be able to watch and record tons of footage if you’re interested. Beyond this, the plug and play option allows the newbies to not have to suffer through some long installation of sorts.
If you’re wondering about motion detection aspects, you’ll be happy to know that there are options and settings within this system that allows you to do so. If you want an external hard drive because the 2tb HDD that’s pre-installed isn’t enough, you can expand with an external that is up to 4 terabytes – incredible!
The Advantages of the Reolink RLK8-410B
- A huge advantage to owning this security system is that you never need a power adapter of a sort, and the IP camera is fantastic in quality and clarity.
- The aforementioned product also comes with a number of items to help you get started with your security kit. Some of these include network cables, screws, cameras, channel station, and much more.
- The above mentioned security system is also capable of recording and monitoring 24/7, as it comes pre-installed with a 2-terabyte hard drive for continuous recording.
- If you want to hook this up to your phone, you’re able to get the app and receive push notifications about activity that the security system has detected. You’re able to see, save and upload images that you’ve captured from your phone, as well as videos.
- Beyond this, there’s a warning for you to receive via a buzzer that makes an alert sound – all right to your phone! You don’t have to worry yourself unless your home or business is truly in trouble.
The Disadvantages of the Reolink RLK8-410B
- There aren’t really any disadvantages, but if you’re someone that’s going to need to record constantly, and doesn’t have time to watch footage that doesn’t have anything in it, you may want to look at the motion detection only options that come equipped with this security system.
- Those that want to make the most out of their security system and want the most out of the storage space should utilize motion detection sensors so that you’re only watching when there’s something there for sure.
Top 3 – Zmodo PKD-DK4216 H.264
You can check our Complete Review of Zmodo Camera here.
Next on our list is another reliable security system from a manufacturer that goes by the name of Zmodo. Featuring funky looking cameras and a ton of features for the “on the go” user, some of these specifications include the forthcoming:
- 264 compression technology
- Made viewable to those on smartphones and Internet
- TV monitoring, BC output, PC monitoring – VGA output
- 500GB hard drive installed
- Support guide included
The Breakdown of the Features
Wanting something that allows you to view as you want or need to, rather than having you sit there the entire time watching?
Thanks to the implementation of the ZModo’s footage over the Internet, you’re able to view your own home security over your smartphone or Internet – even those that are on 3G.
Besides this, there are four different night vision cameras included, and even a 500GB hard drive that comes included. You can monitor wherever your heart desires – whether on a PC or a TV.
The compression technology within this system includes H.264 compression technology, and there’s also a BNC and VGA output included within this set.
The Advantages of the Zmodo PKD-DK4216 H.264
- One of the better advantages of this product is that you’re able to use it on a phone that has slower speeds like a 3G smartphone.
- You don’t have to worry about choppiness or lagging due to a faster product on a slower phone. Beyond this, you’re going to love the ability to have four cameras that each has night vision.
- A cheaper product in price doesn’t mean a cheaper product in quality or performance.
The Disadvantages of the Zmodo PKD-DK4216 H.264
- There aren’t too many disadvantages, but for those that need continuous footage and always, you’ll want to look towards finding a larger hard drive whether you find an external or one that’s a primary. There are only 500GB within this, and it’s not much for those that want continuous recording.
- Those that don’t want to swap out for different storage options often will have to look somewhere to find a suitable backup option. Regardless, the performance of this Zmodo set is great, and if you’re someone that doesn’t record a ton and continuously, 500GB will suffice just fine.
Top 4 – LaView 1080P IP 4
You can check our Complete Review of LaView Camera here.
Next up on the list of reliable security systems is a system that’s manufactured by LaView. Boasting a ton of popular specifications, if you want something affordable that will save the safety of your home or business, look no further. Features include the forth coming:
- Plug and play, built-in Power Over Ethernet
- Watch the cameras in full 1080P with 30 IR LEDs
- Free mobile app that you can watch your footage at anywhere you want
- Features wide dynamic range
- 3D DNR for spec removal in night vision, sharper images and playback
The Breakdown of the Features
Let’s get into the meat and potatoes of this security system: you’re going to be able to monitor beautiful and crisp 6-megapixel quality at a 1080p resolution, while reaping the benefits of the dome style of security camera.
There are cables included and even plug and play ease of use options for those that aren’t too tech savvy. You’re able to watch your video footage in night vision that allows for seeing up to 100 feet away from each camera.
The Advantages of the LaView 1080P IP 4
- One of our favorite advantages of this security system is that you’re able to remove specs in night vision that aren’t clear. In doing so, you can rule out a variety of things if something happens and when you’re monitoring; although, we don’t suggest trying to use this for reliable ghost footage to those ghost hunters out there looking to create YouTube videos.
- Beyond this, there’s a great mobile app so that you can watch where you want, whether you’re on a phone, tablet, Mac or PC.
- Included in the contents of this package is a cat5 cable, four different cameras.
- 2 terabyte hard disk drive, and more.
The Disadvantages of the LaView 1080P IP 4
- If you’re not a fan of the dome camera, and want something else, you may not want this security system as the aforementioned system comes with not one, but four dome cameras.
- Although, we have to say that the plug and play aspect of this security system is phenomenal for those that aren’t super tech savvy, but want something reliable.
Top 5 – GW Security Inc. 8CH NVR
You can check our complete review of the GW Security Camera System here.
Last on our list is a reliable security system set from GW Security that boasts quite a few features and a high-resolution viewing experience. Some of these features include:
- 2 bullet and 2 dome cameras
- PoE IP Camera
- 5-megapixel, 1920p resolution
- Weatherproof, varifocal zoom
The Breakdown of the Features
Featuring varifocal zoom on the weatherproof IP cameras, you’re able to utilize the crisp and clear images that support any ONVIF IP cameras.
Beyond this, you’re able to install simple and with ease, without stressing yourself out. There’s also a 2 terabyte hard drive included, as well as a warranty that lasts a year with lifetime support.
The Advantages of the GW Security Inc. 8CH NVR
- An advantage of this product is the quality itself – being higher than many on this list.
- With 5-megapixels and a 1920p quality, you’re able to have crisp and clear images sent right back to you.
- Beyond this, you’re able to choose from a 2 camera set, or something as high as 24 cameras for those that have a lot of ground to cover.
The Disadvantages of the GW Security Inc. 8CH NVR
- If you’re not a fan of dome cameras or bullet cameras and want a system that has one style of camera, you’re thankfully able to choose that in the checkout options. You’re able to choose strictly bullet, or a combination of both when you purchase.