Then sit back while we review Zmodo wireless outdoor cameras.
Last update: 06.20.2018
Simple set up, this product practically installs itself.
Live support available to users through their live chat, email and phone.
Main Features of the Zmodo Wireless Outdoor Cameras
- Multiple Viewing Options
- Smarter Night Vision
- Zmodo Cloud Service
- Customizable Motion Detection
- IP65 Weatherproof
Breakdown of the features / Overview of the product
If you are still contemplating on the variant of video surveillance system that will perform efficiently at a low budget, then Zmodo wireless outdoor camera kit is your best choice as it consists powerful features that one could not imagine such a cheap product could have.
This security camera has been designed to make video surveillance solution a seamless experience as all you have to do is remove from the box, configure, find the best location and install.
Zmodo added bank level AES 256-bit encryption as a security layer into this product to make it extremely difficult for eavesdropping and mission impossible for hackers or IP camera trollers whose their main jobs is to penetrate and hijack surveillance system.
Zmodo wireless outdoor camera is built on IP65 Weatherproof rating which makes it to be used as indoor and outdoor, you do not have to spend extra money to buy indoor camera.
You do not have to get anxious over attending a board meeting while you do not want to leave your pet or kids behind, Zmodo cloud service has got you covered as you can easily share your device with your friends or family with multiple viewing options while you are away.
This feature makes it convenient for you to have your property being watched over while you are not available. Another big boast from Zmodo is the customization motion detection which allows you to set motion trigger alert in restricted areas.
Design of the Product and its Installation
I have also met few customers complaining about having difficulties to set up Zmodo wireless outdoor security cameras but later found out they did not follow the instructions properly.
How does the installation being carried out? You do not have to be a CCTV surveillance wizard to do this, all that is required is to unbox, follow the setup guide, connect your cameras with their respective OEM power supplies to the power outlet and make sure your wireless router has a strong and decent signal coverage.
In order to connect your Zmodo cameras to the Wi-Fi network, Navigate on your mobile device to your respective app store, download and install Zmodo app. Start the app by login or signup with your email, follow the screen instructions then select “+” button at the top right corner and tap Zink to add your desirable numbers of camera.
After your cameras are being set up, proceed to install your camera to the best location using the mounting base provided. Follow the on-screen guide to completion.
You also get to enjoy 1-month free cloud of the 7 day cloud recording plan. Cloud Service requires no subscription and no credit card credentials. With the plan, you can review, save, and share footage at any time.
User Experience and Performance
New Zink wireless setup technology allows you to setup your camera easily in seconds. There is no configuration necessary, just run the setup and the camera will communicate with the phone automatically.
The few users that complained did so because they did not follow the guide and instruction, and upon contacting the Zmodo customer chat support, the issues were resolved by using compatible wireless routers.
Zmodo app is supported on Android version 4.0 + and iOS 7.0 +
The share my device feature made the user experience fairly good as the user can easily authorise friends or family to access the CCTV live footage over the cloud.
What’s in the Box?
Inside the package consists of 4 numbers of Zmodo wireless outdoor camera, 4 numbers of power adaptor, 4 numbers of the camera Wi-Fi antenna, the installation manual, mounting brackets and screws for the cameras.
Although we do not need additional equipment to get our Zmodo camera set up but it would have been better if a Network Video Recorder (NVR) is provided along with this package which will allow us to have video storage that is playback accessible without the need to subscribe to cloud service.
- The 2.8mm lens, 720p resolution and the viewing angle of 81⁰ are more than enough to produce good and crystal clear image quality both day and night compared to other security cameras at a much higher price. I could not be more satisfied with this Zmodo wireless outdoor camera.
- The camera records even if there is no motion but it will alert you via email once it detects a motion around and also send five motion pictures as opposed to what some aggrieved customers said about the camera not able to record motion. Yes, you can definitely see live feed as well.
- I am always worried when it comes to CCTV surveillance sitting on the public server but Zmodo totally change my perception by giving me a total assurance of my privacy being encrypted with their bank level AES 256-bit which makes my CCTV footage impenetrable to IP camera trollers
- The product is not compatible with 5 GHz. 2.4 GHz is prone to pick up interference since the frequency is being used generally by consumer Wi-Fi electronics such as bluetooth, wireless microphone, car alarm, microwave oven, baby monitors, etc. So if you have a 5 GHz wireless router sitting in your home then it is practically a junk.
- Another disadvantage of this product is the deliberate omission of the two way audio which makes the camera less interesting to someone who is looking to get sound alongside the recorded video.
- You do not have access to the live feed anymore once your Zmodo cloud service trial finishes, only detected motion clips will be saved in Zmodo server for 36hrs, you can review them from 3rd day, after which the motion clips from 1st day will be deleted.
- You are restricted to the 6 feet camera power lead which means you have to install the camera near a power source, else you will need to provide an electric power outlet to your desired camera location.
- You must have a strong Wi-Fi signal for the kit to work better since this product relies on no other than Wi-Fi, else you will start having a lagging video feed. You need to buy a repeater to extend your Wi-Fi signal in other to install your camera over a long distance.
About The Warranty
This warranty does not apply to any non-Zmodo branded hardware products or any software, even if packaged or sold with Zmodo hardware.
Customers in USA and EU wishing to send their product to Zmodo as a result of defect should contact Zmodo support for RMA. Zmodo customer support said customers outside USA and EU need to contact seller directly for help which means the cost of shipping out product to USA for repair will be on the high side.
The Final Verdict
The product came with 60-days money back guarantee and also covered with 3-year warranty from the manufacturer.
The pros totally outbalance the cons ranging from the crystal clear image and video the 2.8mm ultra wide angle lens produces in day or night in HD resolution.
This kit support any kind of expansion but must stay within Zmodo.
I therefore recommend Zmodo wireless outdoor camera kit for your home or business security.